All papers published in journal Građevinar are (as of issue 01-2017) licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY).
Under this licence you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially, under the following terms
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Our Copyright Policy aims to guarantee that original material is published while at the same time giving significant freedom to our authors. Journal Građevinar upholds a very flexible copyright policy meaning that there is no copyright transfer to the publisher and authors hold exclusive copyright to their work.
When submitting their manuscripts authors are required to accept the terms and conditions set forth in our Copyright Agreement as follows:
Journal Građevinar distributes its publications throughout the world and wants to ensure that the material submitted to its publications is properly available to the readership of those publications. Authors must ensure that their papers meet relevant requirements, including provisions covering originality, authorship, author responsibilities, and author misconduct. Therefore, by signing this agreement, the Authors accept the following terms:
1. Author's Retention of Rights
Journal Građevinar acknowledges and agrees that the Author(s) retain(s) the copyright to the work submitted for publication, and is/are allowed:
- to revise, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display the Paper
- to republish the Paper, as long as Journal Građevinar is cited as the source of first publication of the Paper
- to prepare derivative works from the Paper
- to apply all other proprietary rights to the Paper (such as patents); and
- to authorize others to make any use of the Paper.
Users are granted the right to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the Paper publicly, and to create and distribute derivative works in any medium and for any responsible purpose, as long as the Author receives credit as author, and the Journal in which the Paper has been published is cited as the source of first publication of the Paper (according to Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License).
2. Permission to use
The Author assigns to Journal Građevinar all rights:
- to publish the Paper, in whole or in part, by various means such as hard copy or electronic copy formats, and in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known; and
- to republish, distribute, promote, publicly perform, and publicly display the Paper at any time and in all projects of the Croatian Association of Civil Engineers.
3. General terms (Author’s declaration)
By accepting the Copyright Agreement, the Corresponding Author:
- warrants that he/she is the Author and has the power and authority to make and execute this assignment
- affirms that, for jointly authored Papers, he/she is empowered to accept this form on behalf of all authors
- warrants that the Paper submitted by the Author is an original authorial work and has not so far been published elsewhere under the same or similar title, nor has it been submitted to any editor or third person in any form – printed, electronic or on any other media.
- concludes that after inspection of relevant data bases, he/she has not established that the paper of similar title or content has already been published.
- agrees to take full responsibility arising from publication of the data submitted in his/her Paper, and especially with regard to possible conflicts of interest,
- confirms that the Paper has been brought into harmony with this journal’s Instructions for Authors.
- affirms that, if any plagiarism is found in camera-ready Paper after publication, the Author shall be fully accountable for such plagiarism, while the Journal’s Editorial Board members shall bear no responsibility in this respect,
- affirms that permission will be obtained for all previously published and/or copyrighted material contained in the manuscript (to the extent that the manuscript incorporates text, passages, figures, data or other material from the work of others), and that the Author or the Authors shall be responsible for obtaining all copyright permissions, which can be obtained during the publishing process but need to be collected prior to publication; and
- agrees to indemnify journal Građevinar against all losses, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses) arising from claims made by other parties due to breach by the Author of any terms, conditions and/or warranties concerning the authorship of the manuscript (the whole manuscript or any parts of the manuscript) and the rights to publish the manuscript, or due to infringement of any rights of third parties.
If the Author has prepared the paper as part of his/her official duties as an employee or officer of a Government agency, public institution, or company, and has copyrights that belong to such Government agency, public institution, or company, journal Građevinar agrees to accept their terms and conditions provided that they are not in conflict with the copyright policy.